Wow – its already August. Summer is almost over, school is starting back for most. Football season is almost here. Here we go with this week’s edition:
1. I love the Atlantic.
2. I love the beach.
3. The two together make the most beautiful scenery and sound.
4. I’m like a little girl when I get around the two.
5. I love watching young kids with ice cream cones. I think they enjoy it without thinking of the calories.
6. I love hearing people’s stories and seeing families interact.
7. I love friends and hospitality and grace.
8. Sunday afternoon naps are wonderful.
9. There is such a thing as female porn. They are called chick flicks. Believe me: no man really lives up to Captain Wentworth and Gilbert Blythe. But we wish there were such men.
10. New babies are great – their little hands and ears and toes. Miracle of life.
11. Short week – end of it at the beach.
12. August is a busy month.
13. Must start over.
14. This has been a lonely time for me. God knows.
15. My parents are coming to visit soon!
1. How to still eat well, feed your family, and not lose the farm (how to budget for food with the economy the way it is).
2. My friend Jim Perdue outlines a little book on how to tell children the gospel. Get this resource!
3. My friend Greg Gilbert has returned to Louisville. May God bless and change Third Avenue and that area of Old Louisville for His glory. I went to this church for a while during my time in the ville. Great preaching.
4. JD weighs in on what role artistry and excellence plays in the church. I think it should play a big one. Not for performance sake – but for the glory of God.
5. I am making this soup when my Mom comes in town. Healthy and summery.
6. I need to make this. How amazing.