1. For those of you wondering why I am in PHX, I am here for Logos Bible Software Boot Camp. 2 days of training so I know how to use this wonderful search engine. It will come in handy for my job!
2. While I am here, I am also eating good food, exercising (to be able to eat the good food and have my clothes still fit), hiking 2 mtns, and doing some reading and writing, and making photography.
3. I loved the presence of these people yesterday (at just the right time): Chip, Daniel, Sherri, the nice dude at PHX Enterprise, my front desk clerk at Red Roof West Phoenix, the lady at Las Cazuelas who asked about why I was taking pictures.
4. Creation is a good thing to be writing about when you are surrounded by such a beautiful backdrop!
5. Found a great dress for a wedding coming up.
6. September is right on the horizon…here is what it holds for me: OBX trip, seeing friends I haven’t seen in a while, a birthday sushi party for a dear friend, Monticello, a muscadine festival and Topsail Island, Wilmington and UNCW’s CRU, a hair cut, cheering for my GATORS, cooler weather, hanging with my dear girls Erin and Kase, more Hot Yoga, starting training for a half (love goals), continue sewing on my quilt top, David Platt and Daniel Rentrom at SEBTS chapel, start to a new ministry year @ Pray dot org, NCIS and other shows’ new season. Wow – busy month! God is good.
1. My Chi-town friend wrote a good post on positive thinking and dangerous theology.
2. I will be making this when I get home to use up the rest of the summer basil. I can freeze it in ice cube trays and use it for chicken or soups or pasta sauces later in the year.
3. This was my laugh for the week.
4. My friend David caught this post early on about who the Bible is really about.
5. Found a new food blog – and I already want to make several things on there. Check it out!
6. Anyone know any great ways to illustrate Genesis 1 and 2 to children? Shoot them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org