1. Its a new day!
2. I love Mondays for new beginnings.
3. Traction – its a good thing
4. What are you pressing toward?
5. This week is going to be great and busy:
a. Premiere week: NCIS, Criminal Minds, CSI:NY, LV, Mentalist.
b. Seeing tons of Durham friends on Thursday
c. Saturday is beach day again, I love exit 408
d. Running, running, running.
e. Gary Thomas conference next weekend for FREE at pray dot org.
6. You can’t make people do what they don’t want to do. It wouldn’t be fun for them anyway. You can encourage them, and if it something spiritual, pray for them, and provide them opportunities – but you can’t force. Must remember to show grace and mercy.
7. I love football season. It was a pretty decent weekend.
8. No matter how confident I am of who I am, I have these sessions of total insecurity where I just want to crawl into a hole and let no one see me or know my mind or heart. Had one of those days yesterday.
9. Love books.
10. Following is easy when you have good, Christian, strong male leadership to follow. Not that it can’t be hard, I just find it easier when the leadership is good.
11. My God is faithful
Link Love (got some great ones this week)
1. Mohler writes a post about Christians practicing yoga. I disagree with his thoughts and the premise of the book that he read to post those thoughts.
2. Charles Spurgeon says we should argue with God in our prayers. Do you have passionate prayer like that?
3. Gender cookies? Really?
4. Thank you Gregg Allison for posting this on clothing. Good stuff. Love the man! Thankful for his realness and ministry at the ville.
5. I really enjoy Jenna’s blog – and the fact that she took a passion and pursued it and turned it into her dream. What are you pursuing?
6. My beautiful friend Courtney writes on being a suitable helper for your husband.
7. Hand dancing. Maybe it will catch on. I’ll stick with line dancing.